Winter Meeting / AGM, Saturday 20th January @ Natural History Museum, London
Winter Meeting / AGM, Saturday 28th January @ Natural History Museum, London
Meeting Room: Flett Theatre and Atrium
The "Flett Theatre and Atrium" area is easily accessed by entering the Natural History Museum via the side entrance (Earth Sciences) in Exhibition Road. Once inside go up the steps, turn left and then go up the staircase until you reach the glassed-in Atrium area, on the left.
The meeting will start promptly at 11:30, but you are encouraged to arrive any time after 10/10:30am to meet and mingle. Refreshments will be available (for a small donation) and entry to the Natural History Museum is free, so you might like to have a look around before or after the meeting - there is plenty to see! Details on how to get the museum can be found here: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/
As mentioned in the December Newsletter, Paul Brock will have discounted books 'A Photographic Guide to Insects of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean' for sale (£20) and has just received a stock of 'The Complete Field Guide to Stick and Leaf Insects of Australia' (by Brock & Hasenpusch, 2009) from Australia, for a bargain £10 to PSG members.
1. Note the main entrance to the museum is closed until July, please use the side entrance on Exhibition Road.
2. Bring your PSG membership card - you will need to wear it at the meeting (holders provided)
3. Membership renewal - please bring your membership renewal money to the meeting and give it to Paul Brock - or be super organised and renew online on our new website: http://phasmidstudygroup.org/
home/renewal (you'll need to login)
4. Bring any good quality phasmid photos for the photo competition!
5. Livestock for exchange: please make sure they are in an appropriate-sized container, with enough food and clearly labelled with: their PSG number and name; your name; what food you have been feeding them; what conditions they prefer and any other helpful rearing information.
6. Please remember to check all your livestock has been rehomed before leaving the meeting! We request you take home any stock that is left over, thank you.
7. Weather is forecast to be 9-10 degrees, with a chance of rain some. Please be conscious to keep all livestock warm.
8. Travel: there are partial closures planned for Jubilee line, Metropolitan line, TfL Rail and London Overground, but TFL expects all other lines to be running a normal service (check latest updates: https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-
overground/status/? dateTypeSelect=Future%20date& startDate=2017-01-28T00%3a00% 3a00&endDate=2017-01-28T23% 3a59%3a59 )
9. Feedback - if you wish to give feedback about any aspect of the PSG (website, newsletter, meetings, membership etc.), please talk to a member of the committee at the meeting, we would love to hear your comments and are keen to incorporate members' wishes wherever possible.
Powered by iCagenda